- Fix reconnection issue, when using multiple connection methods per session.
- Improve and fix stanza acknowledging and Stream Management
- Add Delayed Delivery (XEP-0203) extension to stanzas, which are resent automatically later (when reconnected again)
- Always resent all unacknowledged stanzas after login, not only after stream resumption.
- Highlight StreamManagement’s request / answer pairs in VisualDebugger.
- Update XEP-0198 Stream Management to version 1.5 (respect the ‘h’ attribute in the failed element)
- Wait for the roster response before sending initial presence during login, to prevent receiving presence information from yet unknown contacts.
- Make sure asynchronous method calls do not block (affected only few methods for avatars and entity capabilities)
- Use the hostname instead of the domain for SASL clients (i.e. use the Sasl.createSaslClient API correctly as per the documentation, may affect DIGEST-MD5 authentication).
- Call SaslClient.dispose() when SASL authentication has completed.
- Include the requesting IQ in NoResponseException, when doing IQ queries.
- XEP-0184: Add the sender of a receipt to the MessageDeliveryEvent.
- Allow event consumption for outbound stanzas, which prevents the stanza to be sent.
- Make stream feature negotiation more stable.
- Minor graphical fixes in VisualDebugger.
- Add API to include the hash and mime type in File Transfer offers.
- Add API to create a chat session with a thread id.
- Immediately complete (IQ-)queries if sending failed and don’t wait on the timeout.
Friday, September 9, 2016
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Here's the changelog:
- Discovering services should not fail immediately if one sub-query fails.
- Make sure abnormal WebSocket disconnections trigger the reconnection.
- Make sure
RECONNECTION_SUCCEEDEDevent is triggered for external components.
- Add listeners to listen for successful or failed send operations.
- Add public constructor for the SASL challenge class.
- Add public constructors to SASL Failure class.
- Make sure to not write
XMLConstants.XML_NS_URIto XML elements (FasterXML Aalto’s XMLStreamWriter implementation writes it)
- Add convenient API to compare two MUC affiliations and roles (i.e.
- Compare presences of MUC occupants in the Occupant’s Comparable implementation.
- Minor performance improvement by using a
ListIteratorin collection based result sets.
- Discover PubSub services by identity, not by feature name (it’s more reliable)
previousPage()method and refine the naming of other methods in result set management (e.g. having
Sunday, June 5, 2016
As always you can find the artifacts in Maven Central:
Some API has also been revised for less ambigious and easier usage, e.g. timeouts are now represented by
java.time.Duration instead of a
int/long (which somtimes were seconds, sometimes milliseconds) and the
xml:lang attribute is now represented by
java.util.Locale instead of
String to prevent improper usage.
- Add support for XEP-0198: Stream Management
- Add support for WebSocket connection method (RFC 7395).
- Update Jid class to the new XMPP Address Format (RFC 7622)
- IQ queries can now be executed asynchronously (non-blocking) using Java 8’s
java.util.Locale, not as
- Represent timeouts as
int/longfor better clearness.
- Add a very minimalistic DNS resolver for resolving SRV and TXT records in order to remove the dependency to com.sun.* classes.
- Add more
- Check connected state of socket before connecting (to prevent
SocketFactoryprovides a connected socket)
- Add static
XmppSession#addCreationListener()method to allow to listen for newly created sessions.
- Update XEP-0080 to version 1.9 (add altaccuracy element).
- Add API to destroy a MUC room without a reason.
- More documentation, e.g. clarify the use of
- Don’t include an empty body in Message Delivery Receipts.
- Add correct XML names to component namespace stanzas.
- Eagerly release unused port to prevent ports-leaks due to delayed GC
- Improve thread-safety during
- Fix encoding issues, caused by missing UTF-8 encoding, mainly in the debugger.
- XEP-0033: Address should have extensions.
- Add workaround for a JDK bug causing memory issues and high CPU.
- Add documentation for custom SASL authentication.
Sunday, January 3, 2016
- RFC 7564: PRECIS Framework: Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings in Application Protocols
- RFC 7613: Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Usernames and Passwords
- RFC 7700: Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames
These are also used by XMPP, especially by the new Address Format specification, RFC 7622 (The local and resource part must conform to Precis profiles).
After working on a Java implementation for Precis for some time, I'd finally like to announce the first release of the open source software, which supports all of the three Precis specifications:Project site with more information
Anybody who likes to upgrade the obsolete Libidn's Stringprep class is invited to give it a try.